David Brainerd was a missionary to Native American tribes (most notably the Delaware tribe) in New England. He went through tremendous struggles in his ministry, and, although he had a number of opportunities to take on more lucrative and easier positions, he loved the people he served too much to walk away. He has been an inspiration to missionaries in many generations since, and truly lived out the (shortened) quote on this shirt:
“Here I am, Lord, send me; send me to the ends of the earth; […] send me from all that is called comfort on earth; send me even to death itself, if it be but in thy service, and to promote thy kingdom.”
My name is Cheri Grissom and I am an Associate in Missions with the United Pentecostal Church International. I am appointed to the country of Senegal, and I am so excited for the opportunity to help a local church with its community outreach. I will be doing a combination of religious and humanitarian work when I arrive, and your purchase of this shirt will help with all of that. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of these products will fund this mission.
Your purchase of this shirt will help me travel about 16 miles. Thank you for your support!
The shirt features the a modified (shortened) version of David Brainerd’s famous “send me” quote, displayed in a modern triangle pattern, filled with images of rugged scenery.
This t-shirt is everything you’ve dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping