“Teranga” comes from the Wolof language, which is spoken primarily in Senegal and The Gambia. In essence, it means “hospitality,” although it is more than a word; it is a lifestyle of respect and kindness for those around us. I love this concept because it reminds me of what the Bible says about hospitality and showing kindness to strangers.
My name is Cheri Grissom and I am an Associate in Missions with the United Pentecostal Church International. I am appointed to the country of Senegal, and I am so excited for the opportunity to help a local church with its community outreach. I will be doing a combination of religious and humanitarian work when I arrive, and your purchase of this shirt will help with all of that. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Teranga products will fund this mission.
Your purchase of this shirt will help me travel about 15 miles. Thank you for your support!
The shirt features the word “TERANGA,” boldly displayed with images of Senegal. Below, in the green, yellow, and red of the Senegalese flag, is the verse Hebrews 13:2: “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.” This text is available in ENGLISH, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE, AND FRENCH.
This t-shirt is everything you’ve dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping